Art & Illustration
What are your favorite supplies?
- Paper: Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper for commissions, and Canson mixed media paper (super affordable!) for personal work.
- Watercolors: Prima Watercolors Tropical Watercolor Confections are great set for an affordable price.
- Brushes: No specific brand – I like round brushes. I usually go for the cheapest soft option.
- Colored Pencils: Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils.
- Digital: I use the Procreate app on the iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil. My favorite brushes are the charcoal block and the 6b pencil. Photoshop for any editing and prepping necessary to get my artwork ready for prints and stickers.
What about pens?
- Fountain pens: TWSBI Eco is my ride-or-die, and comparatively affordable. Lamy Safari is a close second. I only use EF nibs because my handwriting is tiny.
- Inks: I usually get samplers from Goulet Pens, but my favorites have been Pilot Iroshizuku brand (also great for painting with!) and Noodler’s Lexington Gray.
- Writing paper: Rhodia. Northbooks, a local New York brand, makes a decent notebook with fairly fountain pen friendly paper. Leuchtturm’s paper is too yellow for me.
- Regular pens: Uniball Signo DX 0.38 for black gel pens; Sakura Gelly Roll for white pens. I don’t generally mess with felt-tip liners, although I do own quite a few.
Can I order some custom art from you?
Yes, of course! My commissions are open, and I offer custom pet portraits in my shop. Custom pet portraits usually take about 2 weeks to create and mail out, so please keep that in mind if you are ordering gifts!
If you have something else in mind, or if you are a business, please use this form to contact me directly, or email me at email@example.com. We can discuss what you had in mind, and the appropriate payment that works for both of us.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! I will ship anywhere in the world, but it can get quite expensive. I take a pay cut to try and get shipping costs as low as I can for you. International shipping for stickers is $3, and they come in a stamped hand-addressed letter envelope. Prints have tracking, which means shipping is $10.
When will my order arrive?
It takes me under 3 business days to get regular orders processed and shipped out. Here are some estimated shipping times depending on where you’re located:
- USA: 2-8 business days;
- Everywhere else: 2-3 weeks.
I got my confirmation a while ago and my order still hasn’t arrived…
If it’s been past the amount of estimated shipping time, I’m so sorry! It’s likely that your order was lost in the mail. Please send me a note via this form or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and I’ll be happy to help you out.
I really like this thing that you painted and posted on social media! Can I buy it?
If it’s not in the shop yet as a product, I might be adding it soon – you can send me a direct message on any of my social media to let me know you want it! Otherwise, sign up to receive happy mail from me to keep up to date about anything new in this space. If you’re looking for an original, I’ll be occasionally releasing some in my shop as well!